Friday 19 April 2013

The Amazing Race

Lately I been watching the Amazing race. I became familiar with it through the two youtubers involved, Joey Graciffa and Meghan from Strawburry17. At first I was sceptical, I thought it was going to be one of those boring treasure hunt esque shows however, after watching the first 10 minutes I wanted to know where I could sign up. The Amazing Race is an intense race that involves 'detours' and 'road blocks' as the contestant make their way around the world in hopes of winning 1 million dollars.

What really drew me into the show is seeing all the beautiful locations that they get to visit and who really gets to say they've been pearl fishing in Bora Bora or absailing across the alps in Zurich. It's such a shame they don't have a UK version because this show is really a once in a life time experience. Spending this much money on a show in the UK is out of the question which is one of the reasons I love America.  And not just that but it's a shame that you have to be a US citizen to go on the show which, kicks moving to America out of the question.

On a more serious note, I think anybody could be drawn into the show it's not only a great experience for the contestants but for the viewer as they go on a journey with their favourite pair. They've really thought out the show well making sure that there are pairs to suit anyone: mums, friends, siblings and couples. From the first episode you gain insight into the contestants personalities and instantly make relationships.

I strongly recommend watching this show, it really is a great experience for anyone at any age.


No comments:

Post a Comment