Saturday 20 April 2013

Washington at 5am

Recently I went on a school trip to America. We first went to New York City then Washington DC. The night before the day we left, one of my teachers told us that she would be going to the Lincoln memorial at 5am to watch the sun rise. At first I wasn't interested but then I thought this really is a once in a life time experience. Out of the 40 people on the trip 6 of us went and I was really pleased  afterwards. 

I took my camera in hopes of get some good shots. But alas it was to dark for my shaky hands although, I got a great rack focus shot of the memorial other than that I didn't manage to get anything worth a look.


After the sun started to rise I devised a plan to place the strap and cap underneath the lens and place in on the steps of the memorial — make shift tripod. I got the most beautiful photo of the sun rising behind the Washington monument. It was really amazing and I don't think many people to get to say they watched the sun rise behind the Washington monument with some of the loveliest people in the world. 


I really do recommend everyone to visit Washington DC sometime in their life. It really is a beautiful, clean and friendly city. I'd love to return sometime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment